Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Finlandia NEW Lacey Swiss Cheese Recipe & $1.00 OFF Coupon


Finlandia Cheese has over 150 years of master cheese making experience. They have a variety of flavors that offer endless culinary possibilities: Swiss, Light Swiss, Muenster, Gouda, Havarti, Double Gloucester, Oltermanni and the newest introduction – Finlandia Lacey Swiss.  It's hearth health month and Finlandia’s Lacy Swiss is a low fat, low sodium, highly delicious Swiss cheese, specifically for those wanting a healthier snack. Go here for $1.00 OFF coupon of Finlandia Lacey Swiss - exp 3/15.

Top Chef, Ariane Duarte shares with us, “ My real secret is knowing that all cheese is not created equal.” “Whether I’m choosing ingredients for the restaurant or for my family, quality is my first concern. I use Finlandia® cheeses in my recipes as they are all natural, hormone-free and naturally lactose-free, and I especially like the superior taste.” I have to admit that I didn't know that about these! Did you?

Try this great recipes from Chef Ariane:


Swiss Fondue (Serves 4)
1 clove garlic 
1 c dry white wine
1 pound Finlandia Swiss, Light Swiss or Lacey Swiss Cheese, grated
1 T cornstarch
1 pinch freshly grated nutmeg
1 t salt
1 t black pepper
Assorted fresh fruit, sliced
Assorted fresh vegetables, sliced
Holy wheat baguette or other crusty bread, cut into cubes

Directions:
Preheat fondue pot.
Rub the bottom and sides of medium saucepan with garlic clove. Heat the pan over medium-high heat. Pour in the wine and turn heat to high. Bring wine to a boil and turn heat down to simmer. Place the shredded Finlandia Swiss and cornstarch in a bowl and mix together until the cheese is coated with the cornstarch. Slowly add the cheese to the wine and stir with a wooden spoon until the cheese is melted – about 3-4 minutes. Add fresh nutmeg to the cheese and stir. Season with salt and pepper and pour into the fondue pot. Serve immediately with fruit, vegetables and bread.

Keep up with all the postings by following us on Facebook or Follow us on Twitter. Subscribe Here for our daily eNewsletter!

 

2 comments:

  1. Do you know of places in San Francisco that sell this brand of cheese and the lacy swiss type?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I myself have not tried or purchased Finlandia however I believe you can find them at the following supermarkets in the Bay Area.

    Safeway, Scolaris, Holiday Markets, PW Supermarkets, Mollie Stone, Andronico's, Lunardi's, Dreygers, O'Brien's, Costco, Trader Joe's, Berkeley Bowl, Smart & Final, Raley's

    Let me know if you have any luck and how the cheese is.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting My San Francisco Mommy!