Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Breakfast: Favorite Oatmeal Recipe



My breakfast is typically some fruit, oatmeal, eggs and some cheese. My oatmeal usually consists of some type of nut and/or fruit and whatever ingredients I have on hand and need to finish. Here is a sample of one of my favorite go to oatmeal recipes. What do you typically have for breakfast?

Ingredients:

- 1 1/2 cup water

- 3/4 cup oatmeal

- 1/4 teaspoon salt

- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

- 1/2 cup vanilla soy milk (I actually prefer fresh plain soy milk that I pick up from a local tofu shop)

- 1/2 cup chopped dates

- 1/2 cup chopped almond

- 1 grated apple

Instructions:

Bring water to a boil. Add oatmeal, cinnamon, and salt. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until liquid is absorbed (about 10 minutes). Stir in remaining ingredients and serve hot.

Recipe courtesy of New Leaf

Keep up with all the postings by following us on Facebook or Follow us on Twitter. Subscribe Here for our daily eNewsletter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting My San Francisco Mommy!