Friday, August 03, 2012

Using Baking Soda on Baby Items

I pretty much use Arm & Hammer baking soda for all my cleaning projects, big or small and that includes baby items. I use baking soda to clean and deodorize baby E's bottles and nipples, clean his baby toys, his play pen, car seat, stroller, high chair, changing table, diaper pail and all the spills he creates on the dinner table rug when he's eating in his high chair.

When cleaning baby E's toys I use a few tablespoons of baking soda along with some warm water and a sponge to clean, then I rinse off and dry. As for items and things I can't easily bring to the sink to rinse down I apply the baking soda directly on a damp sponge that's been soaked in warm water to rub, spot clean and then I leave the item to air dry. To neutralize smells like his diaper pail I just liberally sprinkle baking soda at the bottom of his pail and bag. Then every week I wipe down the inside and outside of the pail with some vinegar and baking soda on a sponge to ensure his pail is not smelly!

His baby bottles were smelling like stale milk for awhile and I did not know how to get rid of the smell despite me putting the bottles and nipples in the sterilizer until I decided to soak them in a tub of baking soda and warm water for about five to ten minutes. After soaking I then cleaned and rinse the bottles and nipples as usual. To be extra sure I sterilized all the items and they came out just like new.

Luckily baby E has not made too many big messes and spills on the rug yet however I know that is about to change soon as he's attempting to feed himself and is grabbing at everything within his reach. So far pouring a little bit of baking soda over the mess to help clean and deodorize the rug has worked like a charm.

For additional tips and suggested use of Arm & Hammer baking soda be sure to check out the solutions section on the Arm & Hammer website. Also while you're on the Arm & Hammer website, be sure to print your Arm & Hammer baking soda and other product coupons. Note each coupon can be printed up to two times a year.

Keep up with all the postings by following us on Facebook or Follow us on Twitter. Subscribe Here for our daily eNewsletter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting My San Francisco Mommy!