I read to my two year old daughter every night and before her afternoon nap. For the past 6 - 8 months she has wanted to read one book and one book only. Apparently, this is normal for toddlers but every time I read her a new book she always wants me to read her favorite. I've slowly weaned her off her favorite book, but I've also noticed that she enjoys books with characters based in the sea. This revelation has come when I read Chris Trefz's book Below the Waves: Timmy's Quest to her. She sat there quietly as I read to her, which meant to me that she enjoyed the illustrations, understood the storyline, and enjoyed it.
Best said by My Springfield Mommy who also reviewed the book-" I think this book shows that everything is relevant to what you need in life. For example a treasure of gold is useless toan octopus, but the chest the gold is may just be when he needs for collecting dinner for his family."
The book is about Timmy who is a young, curious and pretty brave little octopus and his quest is nothing short of finding the best treasure under the sea. With his fabulous debut book, Trefz strikes the perfect balance between the excitement small listeners want and the gentle story that warms the heart. This may be Timmy's first quest, but it most certainly is not his last.
If you would like to buy the book, you can very well do so for $8.99- it would be a great addition to your child's personal library! You can do so on Chris' website here.
Chris has also generously offered a book for a giveaway to one lucky My San Francisco Mommy reader!
Don't miss a THING! Subscribe here!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting My San Francisco Mommy!